Mobi Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

The-Daily-Giggle - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* The-Daily-Giggle > Topics

Subject: The Galaxy Song
Replies: 3 Views: 612

james.7 18.10.10 - 08:04pm
Whenever life gets you down with a frown..... and things seem hard or tough..... and people are stupid, obnoxious or daft..... and you feel that you've had quite enough.....

Just remember that you're standing on a planet thats evolving and revolving at 900 miles an hour. It's orbiting at 19 miles per second, (so it's reckoned), a sun that is the source of all our power.
The sun and you and me and all the stars that we can see, are moving at a million miles a day, in an outer spiral arm, at forty thousand miles an hour, of a galaxy we call the Milky Way.

Our galaxy itself contains a hundred billion stars, it's a hundred thousand light years side to side. It bulges in the middle sixteen thousand light years thick but out by us it's just three thousand light years wide.

We're thirty thousand light years from galactic central point, we go around every two hundred million years..... and our galaxy is only one of millions and billions in this amazing and expanding universe!

The universe itself keeps on expanding and expanding, in all of the directions it can whizz. As fast as it can go, the speed of light you know, twelve million miles a minute and thats the fastest speed there is.
So remember when you're feeling very small and insecure, how amazingly unlikely is your birth..... and pray that there's intelligent life somewhere out in sp*ce cos there's all down here on earth.

Copyright: Stone Dead Productions. *

james.7 18.10.10 - 08:06pm
If anyone would like the MP3 version, inbox me your email address and I'll send it to you. *

sarah__x 19.10.10 - 08:52am
Speed of light the fastest know speed acording to einsiens e=mc squared theory but what about shooting stars traveling billions of miles a second? Thats where the alcubierre theory comes in where it exists along side reletivity by creating a subspace bubble inside the bubble light travels as per reletivity theory but outside space is folded so it seems faster look up alcubierres warp drive theory on google *

james.7 19.10.10 - 07:50pm
Hmmmm..... very good Sarah. I don't know anything about that theory. I think the lyrics were written to conform with generally accepted wisdom rather than theoretical conjecture. Worm holes and chaos theory are still not proven or fully accepted by the physicists and cosmologists. *

* The-Daily-Giggle Forum

Search:
topics replies

* The-Daily-Giggle

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits